A Poison Tree
一棵有毒的樹

I was angry with my friend:
我生我朋友的氣
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
我訴說了我的憤怒 我的憤怒就終止了
I was angry with my foe:
我生我敵人的氣
I told it not, my wrath did grow.
我沒有說出來 我的憤怒就滋長

And I water'd it in fears,
我在恐懼中用我的眼淚
Night & morning with my tears;
日日夜夜澆灌它
And I sunned it with smiles,
我讓它曝曬在笑容
And with soft deceitful wiles.
還有騙人的溫柔假面之下
And it grew both day and night,
於是它就日日夜夜的生長
Till it bore an apple bright;
直到它結出了一個發亮的蘋果
And my foe beheld it shine,
我的敵人看到它閃閃發亮
And he knew that it was mine,
他就知道那是屬於我的果子

And into my garden stole
偷偷的潛入我的花園
When the night had veil'd the pole:
在黑夜遮蔽天空的時候
In the morning glad I see
當早晨來臨 我欣喜的看到
My foe outstretch'd beneath the tree.
我的敵人四肢僵硬 死在那蘋果樹下

-- William Blake
arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜
    創作者介紹
    創作者 Jen's Cottage 的頭像
    Jen's Cottage

    Jen's Cottage

    Jen's Cottage 發表在 痞客邦 留言(1) 人氣()